After speaking to her for about an hour she still wouldn’t give me a proper answer as to why she was leaving me. About 10mins before her Father arrived to pick her up, she said something that will stick with me forever, “this is not the life I wanted”. Now the penny had dropped... I knew exactly why she was leaving. She had been dropping hints about starting a family and buying our first house together for over a year and I had always told her I only wanted to get married and have children once I felt I was in a good position at work to provide for our family. The unfortunate truth was, I had been working in the same job for over 6 years and wasn’t near being promoted to middle management. I had never had more than a 5% annual wage increase... so it would realistically take at least another 6 years before I was even near the position I wanted to be in. But heck, my job wasn’t that bad, it paid the bills and I quite enjoyed my work, so I just stayed doing what I was doing.
As she was about to leave I pleaded with her, I told her “I’ll take a second job, I’ll do anything to get you to stay”. She replied saying, “you can get three jobs – you still aren’t going to be able to provide us with the life we spoke about back in high school...”
I remember the depressing next few weeks, sitting on the bus to work trying to get my head around my life and where I’d ended up... This experience had really opened my eyes, I was 30 and before I knew it I’d be a 40 year old bachelor with no family and no assets.
Without Elana in my life things started to change, I went from liking my job to resenting it and really hating every minute. The days dragged on, I couldn’t wait for the end of the day. Sitting in my cubicle realizing the pay was terrible compared to what I really wanted, and the commute was really starting to get to me. I knew there must have been a way out of this, but how?
I spent nights in front of the television watching the shopping channel trying to think of things I could sell or invent, but everything seemed so complicated and expensive to setup. I was eventually left feeling more confused than before.
Then, at a lonely Christmas party, with my family upstate, I got speaking to my Uncle. He asked me how my life was going. It had been a while since he last saw me so lots had changed! I cut straight to the point and basically told him that I hated my life - I hated my work, my constant lack of money, my stacking bills and debts, my apartment and my lack of independence with no car. He smiled and said to me "I know exactly how you feel"...
Our conversation moved on and he went onto tell me that he had quit his job a long time ago and was now working for himself - he was now his own boss!!
“ ”
So I started to fire questions at him and explained this was something I wanted to do as I knew this is the only way I could earn the money to live the life I always dreamt of living.
He went on to explain that in theory the system was really simple, but the execution was the hard part. So I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down as much as I could write about what he had done.
My uncle told me that he found some software online which enabled him to create websites in a matter of minutes, which are completely automated so he doesn’t need any technical skills like designing or developing. “All you need to do is be able to market the websites so you get customers to your sites. The more visitors you get to your website the more money you will make! ”
He then went on to say that this sounds easier than what it really is, he explained that getting the visitors is tough, and took him about 6 months to figure out a way of getting people to actually visit his website. I asked if he could show me but he said to be honest it was just luck. Yahoo started to display my website #1 when people searched for it, so I get free traffic. I can show you how to get your websites setup but you will have to figure out how to market them as that’s how you will make the money.
My websites were setup in less than 10 minutes using the software it was amazing. I had my very own website live throughout the world on the internet and the best thing was if someone purchased something on my site 100% of the sale amount goes straight into my bank account. I didn’t even have to send anything to the customer as it was selling digital products which mean the product is emailed to them. Products like computer software which thanks to the beauty of the new high speed internet can be instantly downloaded.
No comments:
Post a Comment